Welcome to Associates For Counseling & Psychotherapy
Also Serving Woodstock, Crystal Lake, and McHenry, IL
"I am honored to have the opportunity to accompany my clients on part of their journey."
Edward "Ned" Rusin, Ph.D., Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Where Can I Turn?
When faced with a problem or a challenge or a threat, everyone sooner or later asks themselves, “Where can I turn?” Sometimes life can be a maze and hand a person more than he or she can handle. Perhaps it's a problem with an important but difficult relationship, or maybe it is one of those deeply personal agonies-depression, anxiety, grief, or fear.
As painful as our problems often are, we are reluctant to seek help because we don't want to “go public” with our troubles by seeking help through the usual channels. So we try to tough it out on our own because we don't know where to turn.
Often-times we don't really know if what is bothering us is normal, whether we're right or wrong in a relationship, or if we might be ill. Sometimes we need answers to let us know if what we believe to be true is true. Sometimes all we need is for a caring someone to look at us from a different perspective and tell us what they see.
There is no need to be alone. You can turn to Associates For Counseling & Psychotherapy. Associates For Counseling & Psychotherapy can help you.
Associates For Counseling & Psychotherapy are a small group of deeply experienced professionals who can help you deal with the problems life can hand you. They have helped many people define, understand and cope with their problems. The Associates are equipped to provide what you need-from enlightenment to a complete course of treatment.
The foundation of Associates For Counseling & Psychotherapy' distinctive approach is the establishment of a healthy, therapeutic relationship with the client. A key element in the relationship is the non-judgmental attitude on the part of the therapist. The therapist is caring, trustworthy and sensitive – an objective listener and who can help a client interpret the events of his or her life and learn new ways to deal with them.
With Associates For Counseling & Psychotherapy, an atmosphere of confidentiality provides a safe setting for expressions of feelings which aids the therapist in helping clients relive past hard times with a new perspective and a more constructive outcome. Not only do we counsel, we listen to find out what it is that is bothering them and what it is they are looking for so we can accompany them on their journey, addressing their feelings and evaluations of how they are progressing towards their goal. The client's own resources are guided by the therapist, fostering the creation of a customized approach to meet the specific needs of each client. Over the years Associates For Counseling & Psychotherapy have helped many people cope with personal crises like these:
- Parents who are at wits end with an overly active pre-schooler.
- A second wife and stepmother facing unhappy feelings in her new roles.
- A member of Alcoholics Anonymous seeking positive changes in his life
- A young women who feels guilty about her recent abortion.
- A couple with marital difficulties who want to avoid divorce.
- A grief-stricken mother of a child with cancer.
- A family struggling with the “growing pains” of children entering adolescence.
- A college student beginning to fail in his senior year.
- A young mother overwhelmed with the responsibilities and stresses of her role.
- A widower who suffers from insomnia, loss of appetite with low energy and feelings of hopelessness and unrelenting sadness.
- Or maybe a wish for just someone to talk to about everyday issues that concern them and weigh them down.
Perhaps what you are dealing with is similar to one of the examples above. The successful experiences with these cases can help in seeking the solution to your needs.